We are hiring an associateMay 23, 2022
Tera Ventures is looking for an ASSOCIATE to join our team, where they’ll help us invest in some of the most exciting new businesses being built in the world today. Estonia is our home market, but we also invest in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Czechia.
We are industry agnostic, we do have preferences based on what we have learned from our portfolio companies – eg we like Fintech, automation, health, future of retail and more.
We are hands-on and founder-friendly. Our goal is also to support portfolio companies across the early rounds with access to our knowledge, network and capital. Over more than a decade, Tera has had considerable success in assisting portfolio companies entering the US, UK and Japan, facilitating collaboration with international corporations, and raising additional capital from top-tier VCs. We are supported by a global advisory network also providing portfolio companies with access to expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position will help us identify new investment opportunities and support our existing portfolio companies. To assist with these efforts, you will build relationships with founders and other investors, conduct industry, market and financial research, build connections with relevant stakeholders and help promote Tera Ventures to the right people.
· Research industry and market dynamics
· Support in sourcing relevant founders/companies
· Build relationships with founder communities, accelerators, angels, VCs and others in the market
· Analyse prospective companies – assessing the market, their GTM, financial model and more
· Monitor and manage the performance of portfolio companies
· Join boards as an observer and support those portfolio founders
· Assist in financial planning efforts for portfolio companies and Tera Ventures
· Build Tera’s profile (and yours) by participating in events globally
We are offering:
· An opportunity to work with the best and brightest startups and contribute to their success
· An opportunity to be part of the decision making process around investment decisions, and a fast track to being a real value add investor.
· Proper compensation package and a lot of cool stuff besides that…
A few things we need from you:
· Knowledge and curiosity about investing, venture capital and technology startups, related experience would be helpful, but is definitely not essential
· Good communication skills and preferably ability to discuss technology in-depth
· Fluent in English
To get the process started:
· Send a cover letter telling us who you are and what makes you tick, along with a link to your LinkedIn/CV or other platform that will give us some more insight
· We’d love to know how you think about early stage companies, so please send us either
a) a short (500 words or less) summary of an investment thesis you have. Here’s an example of how I put something similar together before, or
b) a short (500 words or less) bullet point list of the things you’d do in the first month in the role at Tera to help us source amazing deals